Monday, January 17, 2011

Winchester Farmer's Market

I love, love, love the Winchester Farmer's Market which is located at the corner of Winchester and Kirby across the street from the Statue of Liberation through Christ, a Memphis landmark. Every time I go there I end up with all kinds of cool food from all over the world...some of it I had never seen before, and some of it I'd never even heard of before.

I believe in eating local most of the time, but I also believe that you have to take the opportunity to try new and different foods when you can. The first time I ever had rambutons, dragon fruit, ponzu, and fresh sugar cane, it all came from the Winchester Farmer's Market. They have fresh vegetables, herbs, and spices you can only find dried in other supermarkets. It is such a fun place to go and explore. They even have someone making fresh tortillas in-house. You're sure to find something you can't live without.

Leave me a comment and see how many items from my latest haul you can name. Some of them are easy and others...not so much.