Friday, December 3, 2010

St. Jude Marathon

Thank you to everyone who donated to St. Jude Children's Research Hospital on our behalf. Team Suzanne, my Memphis Marathon team, raised over $3,400 which will go to treating and curing the children who come to St. Jude.

We have raised money for St. Jude three years in a row, but yesterday I did something I have never done before. I volunteered my time at St. Jude. It was the most amazing experience. I and many real chefs helped the children assemble and decorate gingerbread houses that will be used in a holiday display. I got to meet some of the children that your money is helping like Emma, Rachel, and Shiva. I was moved, and I'm grateful for the opportunity.

Tomorrow I will put all of those training miles to use and run my heart out for 26.2 miles. If you can come downtown and cheer the runners on, please do. It really means a lot to have people out there yelling for you...particularly around, say, mile 22.

It's not too late to donate. If you are moved to do so, click HERE. You can read more about why I run, and there is a quick, simple donation form you may fill out. Wish me luck!